Linux Consulting Services
There are many different Linux consulting services that I offer, that range from hardening a Linux server
environment, to installing a LAMP-based web application. Below is a small
sample of Linux consulting services available, and the scope of work involved.
As always, if you have a unique project that does not fit under any of
these example services, feel free to contact
me for more information, as well as an estimated cost of working on your
|Remotely Harden Existing Linux Server
- Disable server banners (can be used by an attacker to research exploits against the services running on the server).
- Install an Intrusion Detection System (sends an email daily reporting on any binaries that may have been modified by an attacker).
- Enable automatic updates (when supported, this enables your server to always run the most current version of critical server software, which can prevent an attacker from gaining access to your server via an older exploit).
- Enable security features present in server applications designed to mitigate the possibility of a remote compromise via an insecure script or service (an example of this would be the safe_mode feature in PHP).
- Configure and install mod_security, a common Apache module that helps to prevent server compromises by adding an additional layer of security to web applications.
- Create a robust and secure firewall that lets all of the traffic that you want in to the server, but nothing else. Often, a server can be compromised by a service that was never intended to be exposed to the Internet!
- Finally, documentation will be provided to you that details the exact steps used to secure your server, and tips on how to keep your server secured.
|Remotely Install Linux Server Application
- Install a single software application (as well as any dependencies required) on your server.
- Once the software application or service is installed, it will be configured to your specifications (for instance defining Virtual Hosts using Apache, or configuring the listening port for MySQL).
|Remote Linux Server Installation
- Plan network topology, for the installation of the Linux server.
- Recommend server hardware and software (if necessary).
- Installation of Linux server Operating System.
- Installation of Linux services and server technologies.
- Assist in client configurations, if needed.
- Install any available Linux server updates.
- Check server logs for issues, such as application crashes.
- Analyze server resources to predict when upgrades may be necessary.
- A report will be emailed to you detailing the work performed, as well as any additional recommendations for your server.